Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wreathing, Part 2

I've discovered a whole new world of wreathing which has transformed the front porch into a jungle of hanging flowers, weeds, piles of sea lavender, rose hips, cat tails, ribbons....rings, grape vines-you get the picture. I started fooling ariound a couple of weeks ago and actually sold some at a local craft fair. Yesterday I got a book from the library with tons of ideas so I'm going to do some more gift making tomorrow.

On the gift front, I've finished a slew of scaves and shawls..I'm playing around with combining fabin, ribbon and yarn with some interesting results. I'm going to sew together strips of denim from old jeans and knit it on giant needles to make a rug-it's just an idea, though it seems it should work.

Creative, eh? I'm having a ball!

Oh, we put a hammock up in the back yard, laid a new front walk and expanded the flower and vegtable gardens-not quite the grand landscaping as at Conni's, but it looks pretty good.

As is here-she questioned the shiny round things on the shelf behind me-they are the Brown Bear scat we brought back-now urethaned!!

Enough for now....Mom

1 comment:

Faith said...

go mom! crafting up a storm there. i haven't gotten too crafty around here, but i have worked on my halloween costume.

i gotta say it again - it's so cool to have you writing on our blog!